If you need some prompts to get the muse working for you again, try these:
- Explain the taste and smell of mint. Do you like it? What does it remind you of?
- What goal have you set this year? Write about why it is important to you.
- What is soft, warm and cuddly?
- Write a story about a bird.
- Observe one of your children and write about the faces they pull in different situations eg. happy, sad, frustrated, intrigued etc.
- Look at a cupcake and imagine a fantasy world living inside it.
- Feel the breeze on your face. Describe it.
- You win something. How do you feel?
- Write a romance of only 250 words.
- Do a travel story on your dream destination.
- Write about the saddest thing that ever happened to you.
I hope your muse is back and getting really pushy so that you have no more excuses not to write.