Week One Writing Goals Fulfilled
- Website updated √
- Manuscript submission documents complete √
- Updated Social Media √
- Set Writing Goals for next week, next month & next year √
- Updated Umoja Writing Competition site with new logo √
- Started writing plan for next novel √
- Began one last read-through of ‘Finding My Tarzan’ √
- Obviously, sample covers complete √
TICKING OFF THE TASKS
I’m enormously pleased that I can tick these writing accomplishments off in the first week of January. I’m grateful to the rain because I have extra writing motivation when the sun isn’t shining. If the sun is out I tend to get drawn outside to exercise or go to the beach, usually to read a book. So bring on more rain and I’ll be happy. I think my lawn is loving the rain too. I can just about see each grass seedling reaching up and smiling at the clouds. Of course a little bit of sun peaking through is fine too.
Back to writing. Let me know how your writing goals are progressing and if you have any tips to accomplish them.
MY BEST TIPS
- I use Microsoft OneNote. I store all details of my novel characters, ideas, things I have to research, websites, contacts, goals, everything I need filed into OneNote. It’s brilliant and I recommend it to any writer to stay organised.
- Keep a diary for things you want to write down when you aren’t at your computer. I have small notepads in my bag but use the Writer’s Digest Weekly Planner because it has tips, dates, musings, notes and goals.
- Create a eye-catching, easy-to-use website. I use Wix for my website and WordPress for my blogs. I recommend both.
- Build your networks so you’ll have ready readers for your books.
Happy writing, happy life!
Feel free to comment and if anyone is interested in reviewing ‘Finding My Tarzan’ so I have some blurbs (testimonials) for potential publishers, please contact me or go to my BOOKS page on the website www.warmwittywords.com.au to download synopsis, sample chapters etc.