Week One Writing Goals Fulfilled
Posted by donnadmunro
- Website updated √
- Manuscript submission documents complete √
- Updated Social Media √
- Set Writing Goals for next week, next month & next year √
- Updated Umoja Writing Competition site with new logo √
- Started writing plan for next novel √
- Began one last read-through of ‘Finding My Tarzan’ √
- Obviously, sample covers complete √
TICKING OFF THE TASKS
I’m enormously pleased that I can tick these writing accomplishments off in the first week of January. I’m grateful to the rain because I have extra writing motivation when the sun isn’t shining. If the sun is out I tend to get drawn outside to exercise or go to the beach, usually to read a book. So bring on more rain and I’ll be happy. I think my lawn is loving the rain too. I can just about see each grass seedling reaching up and smiling at the clouds. Of course a little bit of sun peaking through is fine too.
Back to writing. Let me know how your writing goals are progressing and if you have any tips to accomplish them.
MY BEST TIPS
- I use Microsoft OneNote. I store all details of my novel characters, ideas, things I have to research, websites, contacts, goals, everything I need filed into OneNote. It’s brilliant and I recommend it to any writer to stay organised.
- Keep a diary for things you want to write down when you aren’t at your computer. I have small notepads in my bag but use the Writer’s Digest Weekly Planner because it has tips, dates, musings, notes and goals.
- Create a eye-catching, easy-to-use website. I use Wix for my website and WordPress for my blogs. I recommend both.
- Build your networks so you’ll have ready readers for your books.
Happy writing, happy life!
Feel free to comment and if anyone is interested in reviewing ‘Finding My Tarzan’ so I have some blurbs (testimonials) for potential publishers, please contact me or go to my BOOKS page on the website www.warmwittywords.com.au to download synopsis, sample chapters etc.
About donnadmunroDonna Munro is an author, freelance writer, blogger, graphic artist, content writer, book marketer, administrator, web editor and book reader. She's been published in Take Five, The Australian Woman's Weekly, For Me, She, That's Life, Woman's Day and Club Life (as well as smaller publications). She recently formed Warm Witty Publishing to self publish her debut novel 'The Zanzibar Moon', because she's too impatient to wait any longer. Donna lives on the Gold Coast with her husband, youngest son and the weirdo Staffy Mahli. She adores being a grandmother but still feels young. She often joins her husband's pool cleaning business, just for fun (but is unsure if she's all that helpful). She keeps fit and has a fondness for elephants (she sponsors Tundani in Kenya) and owls. You'll often find her digging her toes in the sand while reading a novel at the beach.
Posted on January 7, 2015, in Marketing books, Publishing, Writers, Writing Competitions, Writing tips and tagged donna munro, manuscripts, social media for writers, Umoja Writing Competition, websites, writer, writing goals, writing tips. Bookmark the permalink. 1 Comment.