It’s the first day of Summer and I just want to smile
I look forward to summer, after winter has dragged on, then spring and it’s flowers show the promise of a brilliant summer. It’s probably going to be a hot one this year but that’s just a reason for a dip in the ocean to feel the salt water on your skin. If you don’t like the beach perhaps a pool is more inviting. People get outdoor more often in summer. They socialise more and reconnect with family and friends. It’s definitely my favourite time of year. Is it yours?
The world just seems brighter and full of promise when summer comes around. Some of my favourite things about summer are:
- The smell of freshly mowed lawn after a summer shower.
- The blue of the ocean reflecting like diamonds when the sun shines.
- Sand between my toes.
- Good books and long lazy days.
- Long walks along the wet sand with cool ankles and ocean breeze in my hair.
- Wearing swimmers or shorts all day.
- Early morning boot camp in soft morning light an growing humidity.
- Summer storms in all their magesty (be storm ready).
- Coconut water (the best hydration).
- Oceanfront beer gardens and good company.
- Granddaughter learning to swim.
- Barbecues with family and friends.
- Feeling healthy and happy and glad to be alive.