10 Days of Gratitude (133 to 143) out of 365 Days
Day 133 to 143 of 365 Days of Gratitude
Isn’t it lovely when your day starts out well? I woke up early (something I missed yesterday) and stretched while smiling and thought to myself ‘this is going to be a great day’. You’ve got to be grateful every time you wake up, right? I had some weird lucid dreams but, despite that, woke refreshed and cheerful. There’s reason’s I shouldn’t be; a niggly shoulder, pain in my wrist and fingers (probably arthritis). I could bemoan about them, but sometimes your mind takes over and gives you happiness. Mind over body. Those painful niggles really don’t matter in the scheme of things. There’s people waking up with a lot worse problems, so I’m choosing gratitude.
I’ve missed a few days of my 365 days of gratitude (10) and, rather than, pinpointing one thing on each day (I didn’t jot them down so can’t remember) I’m choosing to encompass all the easy things to be grateful for across all these days. My ten thoughts of gratitude are:
- I woke up to another mild Autumn day in beautiful Australia.
- My family is happy and healthy (no colds, nothing).
- I haven’t encountered bad drivers or road rage (this certainly makes driving more enjoyable).
- The birds seem louder and happier. I don’t even mind the noisy black crows.
- It didn’t rain over the weekend, but it was forecast to bucket down.
- I got big hugs from my sons (even though they are all grown up).
- My friends and I have sorted out the last details of the book launch (less stress for me).
- Book sales are coming in (I thank all the people who have purchased so far. I love you all).
- My book The Zanzibar Moon is now available in e-book (lots of clapping). Link to come.
- I am creating wonderful networks with fellow female writers (make sure you build cross-able bridges).
I’m sure you can name ten things you are grateful for. Go ahead. It’s good for you to see these things. Even when life is difficult you can find (even if they are small) things to have gratitude for. Write them down. Let me know what yours are, just comment below.