Another 25 days of 365 Days of Gratitude – Days 166-190
Another 25 days of 365 Days of Gratitude – June 15th – July 9th
Keeping this blog up-to-date when so many things are going on in my life (particularly writing) has put me behind 25 days. In those 25 days I’ve had loads more than 25 things to be grateful for. I’m more than grateful for the 24th June (my book launch) and birthday. Of course it’s a day I will never forget and one I am humbly appreciative of. You can read about it at an earlier post Top 10 Book Launch Moments.
Rather than going through every one of the 25 days I’ll just list the wonderful things I am grateful for during that time (and there’s probably plenty more). They are:
- The Zanzibar Moon reviews so far (all positive and definitely a boost to my writer’s self-worth)
- The Book Launch being a huge success and selling out of books
- My family for gifting me the framed The Zanzibar Moon author poster (unexpected and perfect). My brother organised that and Mum picked the ideal beachy frame. Plus, my brother (and his business partner Viki) also printed my bookmarks so I could give them out as gifts to readers.
- My health – with viruses and flues going around I’ve kept my health. We should never take our health for granted.
- Awesome friends who’ve been so supportive of The Zanzibar Moon, particularly those reposting on social media, selling at their businesses and spreading the word.
- Darci’s book-themed The Zanzibar Moon cup cakes for my book launch.
- Beautiful friends who went over the top at the book launch by bringing me gifts, bottles of champagne, words of congratulations and flowers. You made my day that much more special. Thank you.
- My best friends for organising the venue and bringing so much food (there were enough leftovers to feed a footy club).
- Meeting the Palm Beach Erotic Book Club women, by chance, at Currumbin RSL. I did my first public reading from The Zanzibar Moon. Serendipity at its best made me feel very blessed.
- My husband and son, though stunned by my success, not really surprised. The love they give me makes me grateful and happy. I feel cherished.
- A near full moon last night. It will be a full moon tonight (yes I will be looking up).
- Starting the prequel ‘Kendwa’s Secret’ and the muse is with me.
- Having author connections that fulfill my needs as a writer, with collaboration, networking, advice, inspiration, encouragement – my tribe!
- Starting another exciting writing project.
- My dog snuggling on my lap now that the winter chill has set in (okay she even does that in summer, but it’s nice).
- Gloriously sunny winter days.
- Readers. Thank you all for giving The Zanzibar Moon and this début author a go.