Happy Valentines Day to you.
I hope you are enjoying your day with your special loved one. Here’s hoping for plenty of romance, chocolate, flowers, a romance novel to enjoy, kisses and hugs (that hopefully lead to a romp between the sheets, uh huh!). Enjoy!
Happy Abundant New Year 2018.
2017 was beautifully abundant. I feel blessed to have enjoyed such a year. I firmly believe my 365 days of gratitude led to the abundance. Being mindful and appreciative ultimately manifested into good things. My last seven days of 2017 wound down my 365 days of gratitude that I began in the hope of a wonderful year. Most of my thoughts have been positive which has reaped positive outcomes. Each negative though was quickly turned away (mentally). As I am learning our thoughts become things. My biggest thoughts were on enjoying writing. I have written copiously. The passion for it grows the more I write. I’ll admit that things didn’t fall in to place exactly the way I expected. It’s important to stay fluid in accepting a different version. If I am open to new opportunities they will come to me in exciting, unique, surprising ways.
Those last seven days included:
- A Christmas Day shared with my wonderful, unique, quirky, adorable family. Too much food, bad cracker jokes and a not-so-secret Santa. Love them!
- Boxing Day with extended family and friends. We have a yearly water volleyball challenge that’s always filled with fun and laughter. It’s something to look forward to every year.
- My son and his girlfriend arrived after a long, but safe, drive from Canberra to the Gold Coast. We miss them when they are not here, but are grateful that they follow their dreams and kick goals.
- Finally, a few hours at the beach, reading the The Elfstones of Shannara by Terry Brooks. Hot summer sun, warm salty water, soft white sand and cooling ocean breeze. My happy place.
- A nightly card game of Hearts that brings the family together and makes me smile.
- A relaxing day with our grown children and friends coming and going (eating lots of food). Everyone is content and happy. No conflicts. Just jokes, fun-loving pay-outs and contagious laughter.
- New Year’s Eve – a night full of hope and possibilities. A near full moon in a starry sky, spotted with billowing clouds left over from a short summer storm. Everything smells fresh and new. Friends chatting on the damp deck, the balustrade is wrapped in colourful Christmas lights that reflect off the water of the canal below. Home before midnight to share the first minutes of New Year’s Eve with my husband and dog. Moments of wonder at how 2017 played out and what endless possibilities are in store for us in 2018.
And what of my New Year’s Resolution? I have many; get fitter, drink less (alcohol), drink more (water), eat more, play more, sleep longer, sweat less, publish Kendwa’s Secret, edit better and write, write and write. I hope you keep to yours.
Wishing you a marvelous, love-filled, healthy, joyous, abundant, beautiful 2018.