I shared an impromptu afternoon with friends on Wednesday. It was Lisa’s birthday (don’t worry I won’t disclose age as my lips are sealed) and I texted her a happy birthday message. She said to come around for drinks on her verandah (how very Aussie). Hubby and I turned up and then so did six others. We stayed much longer than expected and thoroughly enjoyed an unexpected diversion from the usual weekday night.
Not only were there drinks and nibblies but stimulating conversations and lots of laughs. Most importantly Lisa enjoyed her birthday and the company of her besties (as she calls them – and no, she’s not a teenager).
So here’s to good friends – cheers!
You’ll be pleased to know I made the deadline. I completed a 20,000 word novella in two days. Phew…..
I have a busy life (like everyone else) so I surprised myself that I actually got the story finished. That was even with a decent edit, but I could only complete two drafts and I’d normally do about seven. So let’s see if that makes a difference to whether it gets published or not.
I did have some hurdles, such as:
- My husband kept wanting me to watch the Rugby League test with him.
- My husband kept trying to bribe me with beer.
- My husband ended up getting a little tipsy and annoying the hell out of me.
- The dog kept licking my feet and barking because no one had fed her yet.
- I wondered briefly where my children were but figured it was my husband’s problem.
- My neck was stiff and the muse was deserting me but I ploughed on regardless.
I must say I am extremely proud of myself. 🙂