You’ll be pleased to know I made the deadline. I completed a 20,000 word novella in two days. Phew…..
I have a busy life (like everyone else) so I surprised myself that I actually got the story finished. That was even with a decent edit, but I could only complete two drafts and I’d normally do about seven. So let’s see if that makes a difference to whether it gets published or not.
I did have some hurdles, such as:
- My husband kept wanting me to watch the Rugby League test with him.
- My husband kept trying to bribe me with beer.
- My husband ended up getting a little tipsy and annoying the hell out of me.
- The dog kept licking my feet and barking because no one had fed her yet.
- I wondered briefly where my children were but figured it was my husband’s problem.
- My neck was stiff and the muse was deserting me but I ploughed on regardless.
I must say I am extremely proud of myself. 🙂