With Christmas Eve being the 358th day of the year I have 58 days of gratitude to make up for in my 365 days of gratitude. That’s lots of gratitude in a two month period.
Firstly, today I completed my last draft of Kendwa’s Secret and the cover (though there’s always time for a few more tweaks). My sister will be my first reader. I can’t wait for her response. So (drum roll) ta da!
I hope you like the cover as much as I do (some touch ups and etching to be completed).
Here’s the blurb:
Crocodile wrangler and wildlife ranger Kendwa Ely’s troubles didn’t begin when he buried his parent; they started long before that.
In Africa he is seven-years old when the unthinkable happens and he must stay silent. The years don’t dim the secret. In a constant effort to forget it, he travels the world, wrangling crocodiles in Australia’s Northern Territory, roping live alligators out of rich people’s pools in Florida, fighting for eco-tourism and bedding a constant stream of women.
That is until he meets Sharli Ahu.
Exquisite as a Hindu princess, Sharli has values, humility and beliefs. A strong, resourceful woman, she doesn’t need a man like Kendwa. She’d rather be caring for Borneo’s orangutans.
But Kendwa gets under Sharli’s skin. Even when he stuffs up there’s something sincere, strong and kind about him. Though, she has more important things in life than lusting after a wild guy like Kendwa.
In the jungles of Borneo, a venomous snake strikes and Sharli may be the only one who can save him.
Can their love grow, or will the shadow of his secret always be looming? Is it the catalyst for his biggest betrayal yet, or can he save the people he loves most?
Can true love survive the secrets people keep?
If production goes to plan Kendwa’s Secret will be out by June. Date to be announced. If you’re interested in a copy on release please email me through my Contact page. It is the prequel to The Zanzibar Moon. Make sure you get a copy of both.
58 Days of Gratitude
I ticked off two moments of gratitude with the manuscript and cover for Kendwa’s Secret, completed, but what about the other 57 Days?
Here goes. I’m grateful for:
- Being healthy
- Love and support from my husband
- My family
- My dog panting beside me (she’s terrified of the whipper snipper)
- Sunshine and summer showers
- Butterflies in my garden
- Bird sounds
- Wonderful clients
- Interesting stories
- A writing mentor
- A new computer
- Purchasing Adobe Creative Cloud (so many wonderful artistic programs)
- Books, books and books
- Writing time
- Clean sheets
- Wet grass
- Housework done
- Soft rock music, like Matchbox Twenty or One Republic
- Full moons
- My grandson’s first birthday
- My granddaughter’s special hugs
- My children accomplishing their goals (or planning to)
- My boss selling her business while the planets aligned (everything worked out perfectly for both of us)
- Being offered more work
- Working from home as a writer
- Reading my stories in other books
- Living inside my head (there’s a lot going on there)
- Creating a new exciting fictional world
- Falling in love with my characters
- Meeting new people who will change me
- Finding inner joy
- Appreciating my Mum
- Walking barefoot in the sand
- Feeling seawater on my skin
- Christmas parties
- Catch-ups with other writers
- Buying Christmas gifts
- Avoiding shopping centres
- Receiving lovely gifts
- Cold beer
- Bush noises
- Shared smiles
- Warm hugs
- Writing journals
- My office
- A reliable car
- A neck massage
With so few days left in the year I know I’ll still find more gratitude. Leave a comment and tell me the one thing that made you feel grateful today? Perhaps it’s was as simple as finding a car park in the crazy Christmas shopping frenzy.
And of course have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year.